How many times have you left a meeting wishing you had asked the tough questions that would set you up for success? Are you afraid to go down that road? You might be surprised to find out that your client will develop respect for your willingness to push the envelope.
In this article in the Fall 2013 issue of Promowear magazine, Image Source President Tom Goos explains how to shed the fears and incorporate question-based selling into your daily routine to drive sales success.
“Think through the questions you need answered to earn a client’s business,” he says. “Some of these questions may take you outside of your comfort zone, but ultimately, they will lead to an order and a long-term client.”
To get started, Goos recommends these questions:
- What are you trying to accomplish with this campaign?
- Who is the target audience?
- What is the demographic?
- How will you measure the success of the product?
- How will the product be distributed?
- What did you do last year, and was it successful?
- Have you seen ideas you like?
- Do you need packaging, fulfillment or special logistics?
- Who else are you working with? Is this a bid scenario or will you honor the best idea that we offer?
- What is the event date?
- What is the quantity and budget?
- How am I different?
Differentiating your company isn’t easy these days. But asking the tough questions will help you stand out from competitors–and give you all the necessary info to hit the promotion out of the park. Read the complete article here.
And if you’re interesting in learning more about a sales career with Image Source, contact us today!